Set Your Radio Dial To
WQFL 1620 AM
For daily news and events or when severe weather
threatens, tune to 1620 AM for City specific updates
on serious situations, evacuations, and more.
It is very important for each one of us to be conscious
about how we use our water. If we all work together, we will be able conserve
water and keep costs down. Here are some useful tips on how we can save water:
- When washing dishes by hand, don't let the water run while rinsing
- Shorten your shower by a minute or two and you'll save up to 150 gallons per month.
- When running a bath, plug the tub before turning the water on, adjust the temperature as the tub fills up.
- Don't use running water to thaw food. Defrost food in the refrigerator for water efficiency and food safety.
- Teach your children to turn off faucets tightly after each use.
- When doing laundry, match the water level to the size of the load.
- Turn off the water while brushing your teeth and save 25 gallons a month.
- If your toilet flapper doesn't close after flushing, replace it.
- Drop your tissue in the trash instead of flushing it and save water every time.
- Listen for dripping faucets and running toilets. Fixing a leak can save 300 gallons a month or more.
- When you are washing your hands, don't let the water run while you lather.
Right now Broward County is offering rebates for energy/water saving upgrades. For further information please visit http://www.broward.org/GoGreen/RebatePrograms/Pages/Default.aspx